Painting detailed, vibrant watercolours inspired by the natural world.
“I live in the Surrey Hills in England, surrounded by lush countryside and colourful gardens.
To me there’s nothing more joyful than to spend a sunny afternoon with flowers.
Taking in their every glorious detail.
No rush. No to-do list.
It’s that sense of slowing down and really looking that I aim to bring into my paintings.
And into your home.
I began botanical painting in 2006 – without any lessons! Just 18 months later I won a Gold Medal from the Royal Horticultural Society for Botanical Art.
And within 2 years I was exhibiting at the Chelsea Flower Show having given up my day-job to paint full time.
Since then I’ve exhibited extensively in the UK and also in the US and have established an online School where I teach people from all over the world to paint in my style.
My botanical paintings and Limited Editions have found homes in public and private collections across the world. You can read some reviews here.
- RHS Gold Medal and Best in Show award 2007
- Paintings in the RHS Lindley Library Collection and also the Shirley Sherwood Collection
- Exhibited at the Chelsea Flower Show 2008-2013
- Commissions by David Austin Roses
- Election to Society of Botanical Artists 2013
- Grand Prize Winner in International Artist Magazine for ‘Strawberries Everest’ 2011
- Juror for the Denver Botanic Gardens/ Guild of Natural Science Illustrators (GNSI) exhibition ‘Plants, Birds & Pollinators’ 2013
- Finalist, Artist of the Year competition, Artist & Illustrators magazine 2013
- Book, The Modern Flower Painter published by Search Press in 2014
- Regular contributor to Artists & Illustrators magazine
- 2-man exhibition at the Marie Selby Botanic Gardens in Sarasota, FL 2013
- Solo exhibition at RHS Garden Wisley October 2014